Lillian received her Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences and International Agriculture from McGill University with the completion of an accredited internship program in 2015. She has a strong understanding in the role in which food plays in our lives, from farm to table and from hunger to emotions and cravings. She is currently working on a Master's in Public Health at Johns Hopkins University. She takes a client-led approach, focusing on strengths, identifying barriers and supporting you in overcoming challenges to make lifelong change.
Lillian provides services focus on perinatal health (pregnancy and postpartum, including planning for infant feeding) and diabetes care. She supports you in aligning your daily actions with your health goals, whether that be healing your relationship with food and your body, understanding the role of food and its nutrients to make informed choices, or setting actionable goals to live your best life.
She has experience working at Fraser Health Authority, ranging from hospital care to community diabetes, diabetes and pregnancy programs. She has also worked at the YMCA's Healthy Heart Program leading group sessions and individualized nutrition counselling on cardiac rehabilitation. At Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, she has worked in community and public health at a pregnancy and parenting program.
Born in Taiwan and raised in the lower mainland of British Columbia, she has a profound interest in different cultures and ethnic foods and has experience working with the media in Barbados, working with immigrant families and Indigenous communities in Peru and Canada. She is a member of Dietitians of Canada and is active in the community around food security and nutrition education.
Reach out if you’re interested in support around:
- Understanding your diabetes diagnosis, learning about what influences blood sugar management, and feel empowered to take control of your health
- Learning how to plan your meals and snacks to fuel your lifestyle so you can enjoy your life to the fullest
- Optimize nutrition during pregnancy and preparing for the postnatal journey including: food safety in pregnancy, iron deficiency management, and healthy eating to support lactation
- Managing your blood sugars during pregnancy while ensuring you are meeting other nutritional demands that support pregnancy
- Juggling your nutritional needs while caring for a newborn, and confidence navigating transitions from human milk or formula to solid food